The objective of the HVDC is to encourage members in the pursuit of excellence in dressage and to provide a friendly and supportive club to achieve this. As part of that objective the Club undertakes a number of dressage events throughout the year, organises clinics and provides a regular newsletter which details general information regarding the Club, its activities, veterinary tips, dressage tips, networking opportunities, horsemanship skills and upcoming events for both HVDC and other clubs.
As part of its activities the Club will from time to time undertake fund raising including the seeking of sponsorship. All sponsorship proposals must be approved by the majority of the HVDC committee and such decisions must be recorded in the minutes. If a decision is taken between meetings, it must be recorded in the minutes of the following meeting.
In general, all individuals/groups/companies can be considered as potential sponsorship donors.
Sponsorship deals may be negotiated on a case by case basis depending on the requirements of the sponsors. However the sponsorship arrangement must provide a net benefit to the club as a threshold issue.
Some types of sponsorships include:
· A discount provided to all members of the HVDC Inc. which enables advertising in the newsletter free of charge.
· Sponsorship of competition days:
Individual classes – provision of prizes and/or money and/or ribbons – class may be named after the sponsor; and
Competition Day – provision of Championship ribbons/rugs/monies – entire day to be named after sponsor.
· Club support opportunities –
· Bronze – an amount of $250 pa or equivalent in kind (including services) which entitles advertising of up to 50 words in all newsletters.
· Silver – an amount of $500 pa or equivalent in kind (including services) which entitles advertising of up to 100 words plus pictures in all newsletters.
· Gold – an amount of $1000 pa or equivalent in kind (including services) which entitles advertising of a half page advertisement in all newsletters.
· Logos on Club T-shirts can be negotiated.
A tax invoice can be provided to all sponsors for any support provided.